- Glenn Beck hosted his last show on television. Like any other news program, he admitted that The Glenn Beck Show bought chalk by the tub.
- Michele Bachmann officially kicked off her campaign in her hometown of Waterloo, Iowa. Starting a campaign in a town called Waterloo isn't actually the funny part. No, that would be when she said she hoped to bring the spirit of another famous Waterloo resident, John Wayne, to the campaign trail. Only problem, the famous John Wayne from Waterloo would be serial killer John Wayne Gacy, not the movie star. Really brings a new meaning to the phrase 'killer campaign instinct.'
- Not to be outdone, Texas Governor Rick Perry let it be known that he thinks Medicaid, the Clean Air Act and School Assistance are all unconstitutional. If he hopes this might boost his chances jumping into the Republican Primary late, he might want to look at this poll which says that Obama would even beat him in his home state.
- Conservative commentators let it be known that removing tax breaks on corporate jets is class warfare, while eliminating Medicare and Social Security is just fiscally responsible.
- It came out that recently re-elected Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice David Prosser is under investigation for attempting to strangle a fellow Justice during deliberations over the constitutionality of Governor Walker's union busting bill. Understanding the need to appear calm and rational after such accusations, he followed it up by ripping a microphone out of the hands of a reporter trying to ask him questions.
- Speaking of which, Governor Walker admitted that maybe the reason people are upset with his union busting is that he gave no indication it was coming. Fortunately, voters are likely to get a do over as signatures for his recall can start being collected in November.
- Last and certainly least, Thaddeus McCotter is planning to announce his intention to run for the Republican nomination. If you're anything like me and assumed that Thaddeus McCotter was a Confederate general you learned about in high school, you'd be wrong. He's the Michigan Congressman who gave this valuable lesson on translating "Democrat Speak". My personal favorite is that when we say "diplomacy" what we really mean is "magic," if only because I'm pretty sure that means Hillary Clinton is the Headmaster of Hogwarts.
Enjoy the long weekend everybody!