- Having already lost the battle on Don't Ask Don't Tell, Rep. Duncan Hunter is now proposing legislation that basically says that while military personnel now have to work with gay people, they don't have to like it.
- Rick Santorum got called out by the American Psychological Association for claiming that their support for marriage equality was based purely on opinion and not, you know, scientific research.
- This one's kind of sad for me personally since I enjoyed his book Ender's Game as a kid, but award winning science fiction author Orson Scott Card has rewritten Shakespeare's Hamlet so now Hamlet's father was murdered because he was a pedophile (because he was gay). Which putting aside the homophobia involved, seriously who thinks it's a good idea to rewrite Shakespeare?
- Next we travel to North Carolina where they're currently considering an anti-Gay Marriage Amendment to their state constitution. Republican State Rep. Dale Folwell argues that if we don't ban gay marriage gay people will lose rights. So really, he's just looking out for those damned gays, why don't they get that?
- Herman Cain fired and then rehired a gay aide as a consultant in order to hide from his religious supporters that he had gay staffers.
- Republican Congresswoman Sally Kern says that homosexuality is "more dangerous" than terrorism because we have to deal with it every day. Not listed daily threats include: spiders, car accidents, and clowns.
- Finally, Fox News Correspondent Dr. Keith Ablow spewed a ton of hatred at Chaz Bono being allowed on Dancing with the Stars, claiming that children seeing a transgendered individual on tv will make them transgendered themselves. As much as it pains me to admit it though, I have to give credit to his Fox News colleague Megyn Kelly for completely taking him apart:
Until next time, the clocks still ticking...