- Michele Bachmann wants everyone to know that she wasn't "attesting" to anything when she repeated the story a woman told her about the HPV vaccine causing mental retardation. Besides the obvious problem of stoking medical fears when you have no idea what you're talking about, it's especially troubling when the country is already opposed to the safest course of action. And just in case someone reading this doesn't understand why it's so important to vaccinate as early as possible, here's one woman's story.
- For something completely different that I'd never really thought about before, here's a UK examination on the outsourcing of jobs making pornography.
- And in Indonesia woman are protesting in the street after a local politician said they should dress more modestly to avoid being raped.
- Mike Huckabee headed down to Missippi to praise their attempt to pass a personhood amendment and condemn choice activists saying that, "this isn't about elevating women, this is about elevating wealth on behalf of those who profit from the sale of death." In Texas, the Religious Right took it a bit further than calling us merchants of death, instead saying that supporting abortion is the same as supporting terrorism.
- New Virginia regulations may force all abortion providers in the state to close down because they don't have the right number of toilets and parking spaces. And if that's not gimmicky enough for you, on Capitol Hill the Religious Right is performing their "voices of the womb" demonstration where they give live ultrasounds in front of a congressional audience.
- And just in case you ever think that the anti-choice movement is about life rather than punishing woman for having sex, Republican Rep. Wayne Christian of Texas admits that "of course this is a war on birth control", and after abortion rights they'll be coming for the pill and condoms next. Because these religious zealots won't be satisfied until the consequence of sex for every woman is ending up barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen.
- Finally, just so we don't end on as depressing a note this week, here's a comic book explaining the underhanded methods currently being used to deny women their rights.
That's all for this week folks.