|Real Button Handed Out at the 2008|
Texas Republican State Convention
- So you may have heard that good ol'boy Sheriff Joe Arpaio had been doing an off the books investigation into the 'Birther Question'. And that last Thursday he announced the results of this 'investigation': that Obama's birth certificate is a forgery. And now he wants to use taxpayer funds to continue the madness.
- But maybe I should be kinder to Sheriff Joe (no, no I shouldn't). After all, at least Birthers try to hide their racism behind the fig leaf of a grand Kenyan conspiracy. As opposed to this guy whose suing to have Obama's name removed from the ballot because he "has the race status of being a 'Mulatto.'"
- Just in case you were worried that Rush Limbuagh had abandoned racism in his quest to become the most sexist man alive, fear not. He can multi-task: Obama "casts aside white, working-class families while setting up African-Americans for Obama."
- Now for a good old fashion competition. Which racist joke is more inappropriate?
- Federal Judge Richard Cebull who sent out this email: “A little boy said to his mother; ‘Mommy, how come I’m black and you’re white?’ His mother replied, ‘Don’t even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you’re lucky you don’t bark!’”
- Or Pat Buchanan on Fox (a mere week after being fired for racism from MSNBC): "Obama was so low in the polls even the Kenyans were saying he was born in the United States. That's a joke."
- I don't know if this is technically racism, or just a sign that Mitt Romney is a robot who just hasn't had his software updated since the early 90s: