|Real button handed out at the|
Texas Republican State Convention
- An Iraqi mother of five was beaten to death in San Diego. The note left by her killer read "Go back to your country, you terrorist." And across the country an unarmed child was gunned down by a man who'd been muttering racist slurs moments before shooting him. I wonder how Republicans have been reacting to that:
- Lou Dobbs: Obama "in part created the national controversy" over Trayvon Martin shooting.
- Fox News' Tamara Holder: Black people are making Trayvon Martin case "more of a racial issue than it should be."
- A New Orleans Police officer was suspended for posting on Facebook while on duty about the shooting: "Act like a Thug Die like one!" and in response to someone who was offended "come on down to our town with a "Hoodie" and you can join Martin in HELL and talk about your racist stories :-P."
- Speaking of hoodies, Republican Congressman Gregg Harper had fellow Congressman Bobby Rush removed from the House Floor for wearing a hoodie as a sign of solidarity with Trayvon Martin's family. Because a white Republican from Mississippi having security escort a black Democrat out of Congress is sure to ease racial tensions.
- Meanwhile Tucker Carlon's Daily Caller seems very distraught that people are registering to vote at rallies in support of Trayvon Martin.
- But at least no one could have predicted that Florida's insane Stand Your Ground law would lead to racially motivated killings......wait a second.
- Shifting gears a bit, Sheriff Joe thinks the Birther coverup is "bigger than Watergate." Missouri State Rep. Wanda Brown is "tired of being called racist" just because she doubts the President is actually a citizen and helped pass legislation requiring Presidential candidates release their birth certificate. Good luck with that.
- An admitted white supremacist is running as a Republican for sheriff in Idaho, but don't worry he promises that his ties to the Aryan Nation won't influence how he does the job. But at the very least white supremacists won't be making further inroads at Towson University, where a conservative student group has lost it's campus privileges for tagging the campus with "White Pride" graffiti.