|Real button handed out at the 2008|
Texas Republican State Convention
- Andrew Breitbart continues to promote insane news stories from beyond the grave, with his site restirring up the Birther controversy by releasing a 20 year old book jacket that incorrectly states Obama was born in Kenya. Meanwhile, the literary agent who made the mistake has come forward and owned up to it.
- CNN's Erik Erickson then uses the Breitbart piece to argue that Obama is really a "composite Kenyan" which if you're wondering and don't want to click the link basically means Erickson won't commit to being a Birther, but still wants to otherize Obama for his racial background. Best of both worlds!
- The Drudge Report made it their leading story of the day.
- Mike Huckabee decided to tug at a different Birther string claiming that Obama entered college as a "foreign student."
- The Iowa GOP has adopted as a plank of it's platform that candidates for President need to prove they're "natural born citizens" starting with the 2012 election. Before anyone starts claiming that maybe it's not about Obama at all somehow, here's the Iowa GOP Platform Committee Chairman Don Racheter: “There are many Republicans who feel that Barack Obama is not a ‘natural born citizen’ because his father was not an American when he was born and, therefore, feel that according to the Constitution he’s not qualified to be president, should not have been allowed to be elected by the Electoral College or even nominated by the Democratic Party in 2008, so this is an election year. It’s a shot at him.”
- Rep. Mike Coffman (R-CO) doesn't "know whether Barack Obama was born in the United States of America. I don't know that. But I do know this, that in his heart, he's not an American. He's just not an American." Coffman will now use his ability to know what evil lurks in the hearts of men to become the Shadow. What? He's going to need a new career when this costs him reelection.
- Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett has apologized for embarrassing the state of Arizona with his quixotic quest to force Hawaii to provide him with secret evidence that Obama was really born there since the birth certificate is clearly fake. I just wish I could have heard the call from (I'm assuming) the Romney campaign that forced him to do this. Or if your a Birther, the Obama thugs that threatened his family.
- Don't worry though, Arizona still has plenty to be embarrassed about though. Sheriff Joe Arpaio has admitted that he's spending taxpayer money to send a deputy to Hawaii to continue his Birther investigation. Hopefully the guy isn't a believer and will just enjoy a tropical vacation.
- In conclusion, Lou Dobbs wants to know why no Republicans are talking about the Birther story.
- In non-Birther Obama bashing news, Rush Limbaugh has concluded that the lesson to be taken from Obama's books is that "he admits to hating white people."
- Phyllis Schlafly's Eagle Forum is up in arms over minority births outpacing white births: "the USA is being transformed by immigrants who do not share those values, and who have high rates of illiteracy, illegitimacy, and gang crime, and they will vote Democrat when the Democrats promise them more food stamps." So that's special.
- Finally if you aren't disgusted enough, here's a Trayvon Martin Gun Range Target now being sold online (note the bag of skittles in the pocket and can of iced tea):